This year, on the 28th and 29th of March, Confucius Institute at Leiden University (CILU) and the Studieverening Sinologie (SVS) will together organize the preliminary round of the “Chinese Bridge” competition.
The “Chinese Bridge” is a Chinese proficiency competition, well-known in cultural and educational exchanges over the globe. The competition is an important platform for international college students to learn the Chinese language and to understand more about China. In essence, it is a talent show, in which you can show your Chinese language skills! It’s a big party for all students who learn Chinese.
- You can participate if you are a student (HBO/University) and if you do not have the Chinese nationality.
- Age between 18 and 30.
- Winners of the last two editions cannot participate.
It doesn’t matter in which year you are studying. Every enthusiastic student that learns Chinese is welcome to participate.
First round: the first round will take place at the Arsenaal building of Leiden University.
It will consist of three parts:
1. You will do a written exam of about 45 minutes on your Chinese proficiency, which will take place on the afternoon of 28th March. (The exact time will be announced soon.)
2. In the evening of 29th March you will give a short speech in Chinese for 3 to 5 minutes. The topic of this year will be “ One World, One Family(天下一家)”.
3. You will also do a Chinese performance, e.g. sing a song, read a poem, write calligraphy, or something else related to the Chinese language or culture, for about 5 minutes.
Second round: The first two winners of the first round will be able to go to the Grand Finale in China!
After the competition, we will prepare delicious Chinese food for all the participants!
For students at Leiden University, you can sign up here:
For students from other universities, you need to sign up on the website above and you also need to download the application form and send it to our e-mail: email@example.com.
For every participant, there will be amazing prizes! Furthermore, there will be free food for every participant.
For more information, you can visit http://bridge.chinese.cn/c17/opr/.