The application process is now open for 2018 Summer Camp.
- Applicants should be between 15-30 years old.
- Applicants should be students at the Confucius Institute / our affiliated teaching sites/Leiden University.
- Applicants cannot have participated China Camps organized by Hanban (Headquarters of Confucius Institute) before.
Funding & Fees
The following costs are all covered:
- Free accommodation and meals;
- Transportation fees in China;
- Chinese courses and cultural learning experience.
You will need to fund the following costs:
- International round-trip air tickets;
- Application fees for visa;
How to Apply
Please send the following application materials by 17:00, April 15th, 2018 to email@example.com;
- Completed application form (download);
- Scanned information page of passport;
Our committee will assess the application and inform successful applicants by April 18th, 2018.
VISA Information: the applicable visa category for attending the summer camp is “L” (tourist visa).
1. in Beijing: visit to Summer Palace, Hanban, Great Wall, Forbidden City, 798 Art District, central city and some elite schools;
2. in Jinan: visit to museums, Daming Lake ,Qianfo Mountain. Chinese lessons, lectures on Chinese language and Chinese culture: Chinese Tea, Tai-Chi, Peking Opera, traditional Chinese painting, Chinese paper cutting; other activities free at one’s own leisure;
3.in Qufu: visit Confucius Mansion, Temple and Cemetery; Confucius cultural lecture;
4. in Shanghai: visit Shanghai City Planning Exhibition Centre.
Note: The schedule, itinerary and planned activities are subject to change.
A Completion Certificate will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the Summer Camp of CILU.
- Number of participants: 20 members.
- Time Period and Duration：02/07/2018-15/07/2018，for 14 days.
- Cities for visit: Beijing, Jinan, Qufu and Shanghai
- Deadline for registration: 17:00, April 15th, 2018
Confucius Institute at Leiden University
Nonnensteeg 1-3 2311 VJ Leiden, the Netherlands