HSK test internet-based FAQ
Q1 How can I register?
1. Independent students can register at the following website: www.chinesetest.cn. Register by choosing the option “荷兰莱顿大学孔子学院考点”(Test Location Confucius Institute Leiden University); and 网考 (internet-based test). Please enter an email address you often use, as we will use this email address to contact you after you registered.
2. To register as a group, it is possible to fill in a form. To obtain this form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q2 How much is the fee of the HSK internet- based test? The fees of the HSK internet- based tests are as follows:
Q3 How do I pay the fee?
You can transfer the money to us, the payment information is as follows:
Confucius Institute University Leiden
1.Please pay the fee within three days after registering. Please send a screenshot of your payment to email@example.com.
2. Your registration is only complete after you have sent us the screenshot. We will send you a confirmation as soon as we have received your screenshot.
Q4 How can I cancel my registration, postpone my exam and get an invoice?
1. Starting from your registration until the end of the registration period you can cancel your registration. We will refund the exam fee. If you wish to make use of this service you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. After the registration period but before we generate the admission tickets you cannot cancel your exam, but you can postpone your exam to a later month. You don’t have to pay the exam fee again when you take the exam. If you wish to make use of this service you can contact us by email: email@example.com.
3. After we have generated the admission tickets you cannot cancel your exam or postpone it to a later month.
4. If you want us to send you an invoice, please let us know by email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q5 What is the Internet- based HSK Test?
The internet- based HSK Test is an online exam system which is fully compatible with the existing paper- based exam system and it supports all the exams. In 2013 the Confucius Institute Leiden University established the Internet-based HSK Test locations in association with Avans Hogeschool, in order to provide this service for every level (HSK levels 1-6).
Q6 What are the similarities and differences between the internet-based HSK test and the handwritten test?
1. The content of the exam and the kind of questions we ask are similar for both tests. Compared with the traditional handwritten test, the internet-based test is more user friendly and the exam results are automatically uploaded to the system of the International Test center. Post-mail delivery service will not be used anymore. This is good for the environment and user friendly.
2. The way of test enrollment is the same, but the enrollment procedure is not completely similar. After registering, by using the old way of pen and paper we did not have to hurry receiving payments and the candidates received their admission paper after paying the fee. If you don’t pay on time, your enrollment might seem finished but in fact you have not enrolled which means you cannot participate. Therefore you have to transfer the exam fee as soon as possible after enrollment, only then you can participate in the exam.
3. After the enrollment- deadline the automatic enrollment system will be blocked, whether or not there are seats available will not be displayed.
4. Each time after the start of the exam enrollment, the system will be updated based on the amount of payments. Based on this, the available seats will be up to date which is presented at the special website of the Confucius Institute: www.chinesetest.cn. It will be presented in real-time which means that you can directly check the available seats after and during the enrollment.
Q7 Do I need pen and paper during the internet-based test?
The complete exam can be done with the computer mouse and keyboard, but when the candidate is used to write characters by hand or is not used to the Chinese input system, then the candidate is allowed to use a pen and write the answers on the answer sheet. The Confucius Institute will scan the answer sheet and afterwards the answers will be registered in the system.
Q8 Where will the HSK internet-based tests be held?
The test center of the Confucius Institute Leiden University will hold the tests at the following locations:
Leiden University, Language lab in the Humanities faculty
Address: Lipsius building, Cleveringaplaats 1, 2311 BD Leiden
Q9 Where can I park my car?
Haagweg 8, 2311 AA Leiden (www.stadsparkeerplan.nl).
Q10 How can I obtain my HSK/HSKK certificate?
In about one month after the exam you can see the result on the websitewww.chinesetest.cn. You can log in at ‘score report’ with your admission ticket number an name. In about two months after the exam we will receive the certificates at our office, we will notify all students via email.
Q11 How can I reach you?
Phone number: 0715274135 ，0715271635 If you can’t reach us, please send us an email.
Workdays: Monday until Friday, except for national holidays.