Admissions Guide for International Students Interested in Studying Chinese in Shandong University
Aiming at enhancing mutual understanding between China and the world, we sincerely welcome internationalstudents who have great interest in the Chinese language and culture to further their study here.
For the Chinese language training program, a Chinese proficiency test is arranged at the beginning of the term. According to the test results, students will be divided into seven levels, which belong to the primary, the intermediate and the advanced grade respectively. Teaching will be conductedin small classes of 20 or less. The courses consist of major courses and elective courses. The major courses will be 20-22 hours each week. The levels of classed and the courses setting are shown in the following charts:
Chinese Courses for Long-term Language Training Students
Culture experience Courses
Application Requirements ：
Foreigners who are over 18 years of age, graduated from high school and above, well-behaved, in good health and willing to abide by relevant Chinese laws, regulations and school rules. Application Procedures and Materials（in any of the following threeforms）
1. Submit the application materials online. Click on the website http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn/，and submit your personal information as required.
2. Submit the electronic application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) The application form should be inWord format;photos and scanned copy are not acceptable;
2) The certificate of highest academic degreeor the proofof university study should be the scanned copy of the original documents. The language must be Chinese or English;
3) The scanned copy of passport. The passport must be an ordinary passport within the validity period;
4) Curriculum Vitaein Word format;
5) Students who apply for study more than six months are requiredto submit a valid PhysicalExamination Recordwithin six months；scanned copy is acceptable;
3. Submit the application materials in person or by post.
Fall Semester：March 1 to the end of June
Spring Semester: October 15 to early Januaryof the following year
Admission procedures ：
1. Shandong Universitywillselect and recruit students according to their meritsafter receiving the application materials. The qualified students will get the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China(applicable to those who apply for a visa valid for more than six months). If not admitted, the applicant will be informedvia email.
2. The qualified students should apply forX-Visa(Study Visa) in Chinese embassies, taking with the ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form and other necessary materials in visa processing. As to details of visa application, please refer to the Admission Guideenclosedwith the Admission Notice.
3. The qualified students should take Admission Notice and other materials to College of International Education of Shandong University for registration within the required time.
School Term：(Subject to school calendars of the specificyear)
FallSemester：Usually from early September to January of the following year
SpringSemester: Usually from February to early July
Tuition and Fees：(Chineseyuan)
Application fee ：400/person
Tuition ：18000/year 9000/semester
Medical Insurance ：800/year 400/semester
Accommodation and Catering：
Shandong University provides international students with apartments of different standards. For relevant information about ways for application and fees, please refer to the Newcomers’ Guide. The school will provide campus cards (rechargedby yourself), which can be used in the dining halls and the supermarkets on campus.
Attn：Miss Li, Ms Hu
Add：College of International Education of Shandong University
No.27 South Shandong University Road